суббота, 13 февраля 2010 г.

OK, how to get content to your page

For first time it's hard to make a content of your page and make people to create it. The only solution is to parse data from other pages and save in your project. Like I wrote to some property-companies in Cyprus to use my project, no-one answered me for three days. So I will take information from them myself.

For doing that rails/ruby has some solutions. One of them is HPricot, I didn't like it because it was hard to work with. The next solution I'll try is Nokogiri to parse all the data. 

When I saw rails casts it seemed quite easy to save parsed data into rails project. In next some days I would like to make parsing into http://cyprus-city.com. That's cool, isn't it?

P.S. I have already did the model to parse data of property from another property-companies but they all only sell villas. No-one wants to make realtor job. So I, may be, give up with this project, I would like to see something more about Rails.

Комментариев нет: